You may know about Reddit if you use the internet. Also, you are on Reddit but need to learn how to get it since you are reading this. It has many features, so it’s called the “Front page of the Internet.”
Reddit mutes the sound of videos disseminated on the platform as a safety measure. Reddit, a text-based platform, mutes the sound of some videos it deems inappropriate for work (NSFW) material.
As of now, there’s no way to know whether the video you’re watching has sound or not. You can quickly enable the sound on Reddit if the video is muted by default.
Get Sound on Reddit (Desktop & Mobile)
So, if you’re new to it and need to learn how to make sound on the platform, this guide might be useful. We’ve shared a few simple steps to help you get sound on Reddit. Now, let’s begin.
1. How to Get Sound on Reddit Desktop?
Follow these steps to enable sound on a video if you use the web version of Reddit on your computer. Turn on the sound on your Reddit PC by following these instructions.
1. Open your preferred web browser and go to Reddit.com. Next, go to Reddit and log in.
2. Go to the video where you want to enable sound after signing in. Tap on the speaker button in the bottom right corner of the video window.
3. The audio icon will display a cross (X) if the video is muted. The normal speaker icon will show up if the speaker is not muted.
4. Click the speaker icon to turn the video on or off.
5. You must check your computer’s volume if the video is not muted, but you still can’t hear the sound.
There you have it! This is a simple way to get sound on Reddit for PC.
<strong>2. How to Get Sound on Reddit Videos Android
The Reddit app is more popular than the computer version, and by default, it mutes videos. Here’s how to add sound to Android Reddit videos.
1. On your Android phone or tablet, unlock the Reddit app.
2. Next, find the video you want to watch.
3. Look at the bottom right corner and see the speaker icon.
4. If the video is muffled, A cross (x) will appear subsequent to the speaker icon. To enable the sound, you must tap on the speaker icon.
5. Tap the speaker icon once more to turn off the video.
There you have it! Here are the easy steps to getting sound on Reddit Mobile. All the steps are the same for Reddit’s computer and mobile versions.
<strong>3. How to get sound on Reddit for iOS
The Reddit app for iOS has a feature that mutes all videos by default. A feature called “Quite audio mode” mutes all videos by default. You need to turn this off if you want sound on Reddit for iOS.
- On your iOS device, first open the Reddit app.
- In the upper left corner, tap the personal icon to proceed.
- When the list of choices comes up, choose Settings.
- Scroll down to Quiet listening mode in Settings and turn this feature off.
There you have it! You can easily enable it for iOS by following these instructions.
4. Use Reddit Clients on Android
There are a lot of third-party Reddit viewer apps for Android that give you extra features. A feature of some third-party Reddit apps lets you turn off the default stop for videos.
There’s no need to tap on the Speaker icon each time you want to play the video again.
We’ve shared some of the best Reddit apps for Android that have a ton of great features. Third-party Reddit apps are more useful than the official ones in terms of how they work. Check out that guide and choose the one that best fits your needs.
These are the best ways to get it in simple steps. Please let us know if you need more help turning on sound on Reddit. Also, please share the story with your friends if it is helpful