Four Ways to Disable YouTube Shorts on YouTube App. Let’s face it: in the past few years, TikTok has changed how the world looks at video. People these days prefer to watch short videos rather than long ones.
Leading video sites didn’t understand how popular TikTok was, so they started to use the same idea in their apps. Reels & Shorts is a tool on Instagram and YouTube similar to TikTok.
We’re going to talk about YouTube shorts in this article. Instagram loops are more famous and have more content than YouTube shorts. Also, because YouTube is known for its unique long videos, many users don’t want Shorts to show up on the YouTube app.
So, if you don’t like YouTube shorts either, you need to turn it off. There are a few solutions for the fact that you cannot turn off Shorts in the YouTube app.
Disable YouTube Shorts in YouTube App
This article will list some of the best ways to disable YouTube Shorts on mobile. All the methods are easy, so you can choose the one that works best for you.
1) Mark Shorts as Not Interested
If you don’t like to see YouTube shorts on the mobile app, you ought to mark them as “Not interested.” If you do this, the Shorts videos will still be in the YouTube app, but the Shorts area will be hidden until you open the app again.
It would help if you marked “Not interested” next to each Shorts video. Here’s how to mark a short video as “Not interested.”
1. Spread the YouTube app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Play any video and then scroll down. There are many videos in the Shorts area.
3. You ought to tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the video.
4. From the list of options that appears, select ‘Not Interested‘.
That’s it! You must repeat the steps for all Shorts videos on the YouTube mobile app.
2) Downgrade the YouTube App
YouTube Shorts came out in late 2020, so you need to use an older version of the YouTube app if you want to avoid seeing them.
If you update the YouTube app to version 14.12.56, you can eliminate Shorts. Here is how to downgrade the YouTube app.
1. First, press and hold the YouTube app button on the home screen for a few seconds and then tap “App Info.”
2. On the page with information about the app, wipe the three dots in the upper right corner.
3. From the list of options, select ‘Uninstall Updates‘
All done! Here’s how to downgrade the YouTube app. But remember that this won’t work if you’ve set your apps to update automatically.
3) Sideload older version of the YouTube app
If returning to an older version of the YouTube app didn’t help, you’ll need to sideload it onto your Android.
As explained in the step above, you need to downgrade the YouTube app to version 14.12.56 to get rid of YouTube Shorts.
So, get YouTube App version 14.12.56 from an app store besides Google Play and sideload it onto your Android. Once the YouTube app is set up, turn off automatic updates for apps and keep using it. Shorts won’t be on the app.
4) Use YouTube Vanced or its Alternatives
The best YouTube app for Android used to be YouTube Vanced. A built-in ad filter and an option to disable YouTube Shorts are features of the updated third-party YouTube app for Android.
But Google’s legal threats have caused YouTube Vanced to be shut down. We don’t suggest using YouTube Vanced, but if you want to get rid of Shorts, you can think about using apps that have been changed.
YouTube Vanced is no longer available, but there are some other options going around the internet. You can use the one that allows you to disable YouTube Shorts.
But remember that using modified apps can lead to a ban on your account. So, if you use these apps, you should expect bad things to happen. You could lose your account or even get in trouble with the law.
How to Enable YouTube Shorts?
If you have the most recent version of the YouTube app, Shorts are already turned on. But if you need help, like YouTube shorts not playing, here are some things you can try.
- Make sure that your YouTube app is up to date.
- Check to see if you are connected to the internet.
- Try again after you restart your Android or iPhone.
- Clear the YouTube app’s files and cache.
- Check to see if the computers for YouTube are down.
- Make sure that you live in a country that doesn’t block YouTube.
- Change the version of the YouTube app you have by reinstalling it.
- Tell the YouTube help team what is going on.
If YouTube shorts aren’t playing, you can do a few things to make them appear.
So, these are the best methods to turn off YouTube shorts in the Android YouTube app. Let us know in the comments if you need more help turning off YouTube Shorts on your mobile device. If the article assisted you, please tell your friends about it.