Does the live location on your iPhone not change? Then here are some ways to fix that problem Live Location Not Working. The live location is used to give the exact location of your device at a certain place. Live location is important when you use apps to book a cab or get food delivered. This lets the service provider’s app reach you by pinpointing your exact location.
Also, if you move and change your location, the live location is updated in real time. Now that iPhone users are working that live location doesn’t work, all of these features won’t work. Even though you changed where you are, your iPhone still shows where you were before. This can be confusing for anyone trying to reach you, including the apps that provide services.
Best Tips to Fix iPhone Not Updating Live Location
Check out the different ways to fix the iPhone error “Live Location Not Working.”
1. Enable the Location Services on iPhone
The first thing you need to do is check to see if you have given your iPhone access to your live location. If not, here’s what you need to do.
- Open the app for Settings.
- Then, tap Privacy.
- Tap Location Services next.
- Tap the switch next to Location Services on the next page to enable it on.
2. Update the iPhone
If you have the developer beta version of iOS installed on your iPhone, there may be bugs that mess with the live-time location of the device. To fix this, you need to make important that your iOS is running the most recent version that Apple has made available.
- Open the iPhone’s Settings app.
- Tap General next.
- Tap on Software Update, which is under that.
- Let the iPhone find a new version of iOS on its own.
- When a software update is ready, you will see an option that says “Download and Install” to start the process of installing it.
3. Do Not Close the App in the App Cards
To keep giving an app your location information, make sure you don’t close it from the iOS Recent Apps screen. For example, you have used Zomato to order food. Then, Zomato must always be able to get your live location in location to know where you are and send you the food parcel.
If you close Zomato from the location of recently used apps, the app might not know where you are right now. When you turn off location services, it’s the same thing.
4. Restart the iPhone
I have noticed that if the live location on an iPhone isn’t updating, restarting the device usually fixes the problem.
1. Press the button on the side of the iPhone that says “Power.”
2. Slide to Power Off will be written on the screen that says “Shut Down.” Just do that.
3. Let’s turn off the iPhone. Then press the power button again to turn it back on.
5. Toggle Flight Mode on iPhone
One useful fix is to turn on and off the flight mode in quick succession. This has often fixed network problems on all devices, including the iPhone, when done in this device. If you think the network is why the live location isn’t being updated in real time, you can switch to flight mode.
- Open your iPhone’s control centre.
- The aeroplane icon should turn orange when you tap on it.It lets you know that the flight mode has been turned on.
3. Wait a few seconds, then tap again on the icon that looks like a plane.
6. Allow Permission to Apps to Continuously Access your Live Location
When it comes to users’ privacy, Apple is very strict. So, iOS has this feature that lets you choose if you want to share your live location with an app. You need to go into the iPhone’s settings and give the app permission to access your location. You can either give the app access to your live location all the time or only when you are using it.
1. Go to the app called Settings.
2. Tap Privacy.
3. Tap Location Services next.
4. You will see a list of all the apps you have on your iPhone.
5. Tap on any app on that list.
6. Set the permission to Always or While Using the App under the “Allow Location Access” tab.
7. You will also see a button that says “Enable Precise Location.” To enable on that feature, tap the switch next to it.
7. Use Mobile Data if You Do Not Have Access to WiFi Network
It’s possible that you don’t have access to a stable WiFi network where you are right now.
So, you have to use your iPhone’s mobile data. Make sure that the plan you have for telecommunications gives you enough data. Now, it will depend on how stable the network is. If the network is good, your iPhone will update your live location quickly.
There are apps on your device that won’t work right if they don’t have access to your live location. If the live location on your iPhone isn’t updating, use the troubleshooting tips in this guide. The problem won’t be hard to solve. If you have any thoughts on How to Fix Live Location Not Working on iPhone?, feel free to leave them in the box below.